I might have to move here now...?

 

I was just working on grading some papers from my students when one of my dearest friends on Twitter tagged me in the following tweet 

I felt my world turn upside down in a second. 

What?

Why?

All my Livejournal entries through the years... just... gone? Just like that?

2008 - 2022

I was scared. But then I decided to look up options to try and keep my memories safe. 

It was on Twitter itself I found BloogBooker, which apparently turns all your blog entries into.. well... a book. 

Sadly, it would only let you do the images in low quality and one year at a time with the free version. 

In the end, I decided my memories were more valuable than 20 bucks, so I paid the less expensive "premium" account and proceeded to download all of my 1359 entries and 819 images I had hosted on my virual journal for the last 14 years. 

And it worked flawlessly. In the end, I had a pdf with 3096 pages.

3096 PAGES!!! 

That was the version of my Livejournal that included all my private LJ entries (you know, the ones that the public can't read). 

I have now downloaded that version in pdf and word format. 

Now I am working in the pdf and word format of my Livejournal, the Public edition of it. 

This is such a bizarre reality. Accepting that from now on... I might just never use Livejournal ever again, even after all the things that platform has seen me through. 

I don't know what to do. 

I mean, I want to keep a blog going. I know that for sure. 

But... where should I host it? How should I do it?

There is so much uncertainty in the world...

I don't know. 

At least I have now a digital backup of all the memories I wrote about during half of my life to date. 

If you are reading this entry, I invite you to consider backing up your blog or memories from the Internet as well. 

What we thought used to be trusting and permanent might not be. And I think we rather be safe than sorry when it comes to something as valuable as our memores. 

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Un Cambio de Perspectiva

Date un Respiro!